Search Center search box in master page RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am using SharePoint Foundation 2010 to create an intranet site. I have customised a master page and have the standard Search box within the template. However, I have installed Search Server 2010 Express, and in order to leverage SSE 2010's search functionality you need to create a Search Center site (correct?).

My question is, how can I link the standard search box displayed on all of the sites/sub-sites through the master page, to the Search Center? We want to use SSE 2010 as opposed to the standard built-in SharePoint search. Without simply passing the values from an input box to the Search Center site, is there a more clever/practical solution? i.e. a control that I can place on the master page to point to Search Center?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Chris.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 4:55 PM

Answers

• Hi,

In the master page, if you have the search box (it called ExSearchBox i guess) then you will find a attribute there to specify the search result page. So giving the search result page to your SSE result page will work i think.

If you cant find the search box control, and what there is a delegate control to populate the search box, then you have to replace that delegate control with the actual search box, (you can find it inside the control files) and do the above modification.

Regards,

Kamil

• Marked as answer by cmatt727 Tuesday, July 31, 2012 11:37 AM
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 5:13 PM