WindowsDeveloperPreviewOnlineSetup WILL NOT DOWNLOAD

Question

• I been trying to download WindowsDeveloperPreviewOnlineSetup following these instructions..

We are asking all participants to install the Windows Developer Preview using the download we provide to you on this site. The experience that we are providing you is different than the ISO made available on the Dev Center website, so please use this link to download and install the Windows Developer Preview. And be sure to download from the machine on which you intend to install.

For two days (yesterday and today), it keeps going to download speed of 0kbps and just hangs there.. What's the deal?  It's not my computer, I just tried downloading stuff elsewhere...

How would I get this to work or how would I go on about downloading the ISO as I want to install it on a partition.

Saturday, October 08, 2011 5:56 PM

All replies

• Well I found this and so far it is downloading alright:

Windows 8 Developer Preview with developer tools English, 64-bit (x64)

This is actually what I'm looking for..

Saturday, October 08, 2011 6:06 PM
  • Is there a download manager for this?
    Saturday, October 08, 2011 6:07 PM
  • I guess you should get a better response if you use the chat with engineers available as part of that connect private program.
    Saturday, October 08, 2011 6:10 PM
  • Hey I tried to find that, maybe I overlooked or didn't look enough..  where is it please?
    Saturday, October 08, 2011 6:13 PM
  • I couldn't download it either during the Windows Developer Preview Install Fair. It's because it uses Background Intelligent Transfer Service to download the ISO. The status of BITS is changed to High so the download is very slow. Changing the status of the BITS download job using a a BITS Manager app from High to Foreground makes it download faster but I tried about 7-8 times. Every time the download would get stuck at 55% or 78% or 62%. Just wouldn't complete. Had to give up.
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 5:32 AM
  • Hello YounGMessiah and xpclient,

If you are still experiencing trouble downloaing and you haven't submitted this feedback via the Microsoft Connect website, can you also submit feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program? If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview. There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use
    link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here.

Marilyn
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 8:59 PM