none
EWS: SendInvitationsOrCancellationsMode.SendToChangedAndSaveCopy not updating appointment in calendar of existing attendees RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody,

if an appointment allready exist, I would like to update the appointment and use the option [SendInvitationsOrCancellationsMode.SendToChangedAndSaveCopy], because I don't want, that existing attendees (who allready agreed) get multiple invitations.

The problem is, when the Start/End-Time or someting else of the appointment is changed, the appointment is not updating in the calendar of the existing attendees.

How can I solve that?

Best regards

Lars

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 9:25 AM

Answers

• There's nothing wrong with that behaviour the appointment objects in the attendee calendars aren't linked so if you want them updated you either have to send the updates to the users and have them approved (Note this is generally what you want to happen because if you modify the start time of a meeting you want the Attendee's to know and approve this change just changing the appointment time in the attendees calendar breaks the whole Meeting Invitation/Acceptance logic). If you have rights you can search and find the related appointment objects using the CleanGlobalObjectID see http://blogs.msdn.com/b/mstehle/archive/2009/09/02/ews-uid-not-always-the-same-for-orphaned-instances-of-the-same-meeting.aspx in the Attendees mailbox and update them manually.

Cheers
    Glen

• Marked as answer by Lars Michel Wednesday, August 15, 2012 10:31 AM
    Wednesday, August 15, 2012 8:31 AM