Displaying Espanish Caracters RRS feed

• Question

• I have done a little bit of reading regarding printing Spanish characters on the console, apparently "SetConsoleCP(UINT)" can help me to - programmatically - reset the output code page, however, I cannot find information about choosing the value for the Spanish CodePage, I mean... something that would say something like: 'This is what you to set the CodePage for Spansih  SetConsoleCP("Spanish"); '. Examples on this issue are non existing!

Can any body help?

Thanks in advance.

Monday, June 6, 2016 9:19 PM

Answers

• Hi del noble

Thanks for posting here.

To set the output code page used by the console associated with the calling process, you could use SetConsoleOutputCP function. To find the code pages that are installed or supported by the operating system, use the EnumSystemCodePages function. To determine whether a particular code page is valid, use the IsValidCodePage function. To retrieve more information about a code page, including its name, use the GetCPInfoEx function.

For a list of available code page identifiers, see Code Page Identifiers.

Best Regards,

Sera Yu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

• Proposed as answer by Baron Bi Wednesday, June 15, 2016 1:22 AM
    • Marked as answer by Hart Wang Wednesday, June 15, 2016 1:43 AM
    Tuesday, June 7, 2016 2:54 AM

All replies

• Monday, June 6, 2016 9:28 PM
  • This link helps: https://msdn.microsoft.com/de-de/library/x99tb11d.aspx

But, I guess what you want is to use the codepage of the current operating system. This can be done with this:

setlocale( LC_ALL, "" );

Sets the locale to the default, which is the user-default ANSI code page obtained from the operating system.

... don't forget #include <locale.h>

Rudolf

Monday, June 6, 2016 10:00 PM
  • Hi del noble

Thanks for posting here.

To set the output code page used by the console associated with the calling process, you could use SetConsoleOutputCP function. To find the code pages that are installed or supported by the operating system, use the EnumSystemCodePages function. To determine whether a particular code page is valid, use the IsValidCodePage function. To retrieve more information about a code page, including its name, use the GetCPInfoEx function.

For a list of available code page identifiers, see Code Page Identifiers.

Best Regards,

Sera Yu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

• Proposed as answer by Baron Bi Wednesday, June 15, 2016 1:22 AM
    • Marked as answer by Hart Wang Wednesday, June 15, 2016 1:43 AM
    Tuesday, June 7, 2016 2:54 AM