none
Split access database linked to outlook folder - end user MAPI error RRS feed

• Question

• I have a database that is split into a front end and back end. The database is linked to a shared outlook folder and is designed to parse email responses and add them to the database when the user clicks a button. All of the users have access to the shared outlook folder but they are getting a MAPI folder not found error when they try to use this feature. I asked one of the users to try to open the linked table and she got the error again. I have looked all over the place online and can't find an answer to this problem. Does anyone have any experience with this?  Thank you in advance!
    Tuesday, November 10, 2015 1:03 PM

Answers

• Hi mdeck1218,

>> All of the users have access to the shared outlook folder but they are getting a MAPI folder not found error when they try to use this feature.

I made a test with your description, I could reproduce your issue. In my option, when you link a table from outlook folder, the linked path is point to your own pc. And then when you distribute your FE database to others, the linked table from outlook would not find the folder in their own pcs. For this, you could check this in Linked Table Manager.

For this issue, I suggest you recreate this linked table in their own pcs.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 5:25 AM