none
Powerpoint slide shrinks when cropped RRS feed

• Question

• I inserted a powerpoint (2007) slide into Word (2007) document.  However, when the powepoint slide is cropped (horizontally) the slide shrinks.  Every time you double-click to edit the Powerpoint slide, the the slide object shrinks further.  This problem has existed since Powerpoint/Word 97 and is written up under Q165723 and Q188469.  It appears the problem is yet to be resolved with Office 2007.  What is the preferred method to prevent this ill behavior?  Is there a hot fix available?
    DenSac
    Friday, April 29, 2011 2:13 PM

Answers

• Hi Dennis,

I can't reproduce what you are describing. I've tried both doc and docx formatting files, with both ppt and pptx slide files.

If I right click on the image and choose Format Picture, in the Picture tab are the crop settings. Altering just one dimension, the Right side for example, and cropping the image by 1 inch produces a result of an image of 3.74" x 4" whereas the original was 3.74 x 5'

Let me know if you are doing something different than what I just described.

Regards, Rich
    Wednesday, May 4, 2011 4:23 PM

All replies

• Hi DenSac

Are you doing this programmatically or manually?  Are you inserting it as an Object or a Picture?

Regards, Rich
    Friday, April 29, 2011 2:47 PM
  • Rich:

I am planning on doing this programitcially, but noticed this behavior occur when done manually.  I am inserting the Power Point object as a Power Point slide object into MS WORD.  The shrinking occurs when I edit the slide object in MS WORD.  It most frequently occurs when theobject is either cropped or resized.

Dennis

DenSac
    Wednesday, May 4, 2011 1:33 PM
  • Hi Dennis,

I can't reproduce what you are describing. I've tried both doc and docx formatting files, with both ppt and pptx slide files.

If I right click on the image and choose Format Picture, in the Picture tab are the crop settings. Altering just one dimension, the Right side for example, and cropping the image by 1 inch produces a result of an image of 3.74" x 4" whereas the original was 3.74 x 5'

Let me know if you are doing something different than what I just described.

Regards, Rich
    Wednesday, May 4, 2011 4:23 PM