French website on a English server RRS feed

• Question

• User2091493147 posted

Hi, first of all sorry to bring this again, that must be one of the most popular questions, but I couldn't find it with a basic search.

I am deploying a ASP.Net 2.0 application on a server using an US version of Microsoft Windows. I want the application to show the basic messages (edit, delete, error messages) in French instead than in English, and use the French date and number format instead of the US one.

Curenbtly, I am trying to do this with the web.config file :

<globalization culture="fr-FR" uiCulture="fr-FR"/>

But it doesn't seem to change anything. Do you have any idea? 

Monday, May 14, 2007 5:16 AM

All replies

• User1656371023 posted

I have a similar problem, but I have found that date localization works when I view the page from inside VS2005, but not if I start IE7 and go to localhost. (XP Pro, IIS 5.1)

Have set culture and UICulture in web config and on individual pages too.

http://forums.asp.net/thread/1709074.aspx

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 6:36 AM
  • User337263098 posted

Use Response.Charset="UTF-8" As per the first qu

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 7:28 AM
  • User2091493147 posted

sorry for not coming back earlier :)

I assume you meant to add the page I was on, I tried adding it on my master page and as the first time of my Page_Load event, but my application remains in English... Weird... 

Thursday, May 24, 2007 5:58 AM
  • User-114073438 posted

you might try this:

System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = new CultureInfo("fr-FR")

System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = new CultureInfo("fr-FR")

Also: please check that the culture is not also set in the page properties, as this overrides the setting in web.config

Friday, May 25, 2007 6:53 AM
  • User445179017 posted

Curenbtly, I am trying to do this with the web.config file :

<globalization culture="fr-FR" uiCulture="fr-FR"/>

But it doesn't seem to change anything. Do you have any idea? 

Along with that, you need to have the resources for French messages (edit, delete, error messages).

Have a look at this video: http://www.asp.net/learn/videos/view.aspx?tabid=63&id=40

Thanks

Saturday, May 26, 2007 8:20 AM