none
Cancel Welcome screen in WES7 RRS feed

• Question

• I want to cancel the Welcome and Shutting-down screens in Windows Embedded Standard 7.

I setup autologon to automatically logon to the administrator account in WES7.

but still see the Welcome screen. Any suggestions?

Friday, May 28, 2010 1:24 AM

All replies

• Have you tried using the Hide Boot Screens and Unbranded Startup Screen feature packages?

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com, Book Author - XP Embedded Advanced, XPe Supplemental Toolkit, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Wednesday, June 2, 2010 3:31 AM
  • Yes, I using the Hide Boot Screens and Unbranded Startup Screen.

and I use the Custon logon Desktop Background Images.

but  still see the Welcome  and Shutting-down screen.

How do I do that?

Wednesday, June 2, 2010 11:25 AM
  •  

Are you talking about the words Welcome and Shutting -down?

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com, Book Author - XP Embedded Advanced, XPe Supplemental Toolkit, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Wednesday, June 2, 2010 10:12 PM
  • Sean,

I do not want to see the Welcome  screen and Shutting-down screen.

I want Boot the system ,then show work screen.

So I want to cancel the Welcome and Shutting-down screens.

Thanks

Thursday, June 3, 2010 1:56 PM
  • Hi in here,

any solution for this question? looking for exactly the same!

- John

http://www.ai-tech.dk
    Monday, February 14, 2011 10:30 AM
  • Like the custom splash screen request, this has not been resolved. I believe the Windows Embedded Team are aware of the requests, but I am not sure what action is being taken. The best thing to do is to send feedback requesting improvements. A send feedback link is in ICE under Community.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Monday, February 14, 2011 5:56 PM
  • Hello here!

May be something changed about?

Saturday, March 12, 2011 3:13 PM
  • No, and i think it never wont.
    To Avoid "Welcome" or "Shutdown" you only can edit the MUI.Resource file.
    System32\en-us\winlogon.exe.mui

"Mark/Propose As Answer" if you got one.
    Saturday, March 12, 2011 3:29 PM
  • WES7 is a bit of a step backwards when it comes to branding compared to XP Embedded. Unfortunatly, we all need to make the request so some action is taken.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Saturday, March 12, 2011 6:34 PM
  • As i wrote/said in other threads is all editable but not from official side.

Bootscreen / Animation can be edited
    Logonscreen anyway
    Messages as i wrote above.

It might be possible from the WES Team to provide edited MUI resource files (which don't contain the welcome/shutdown messages) but i pretty sure that no official way will be available to edit e.g. the bootscreen. bootmgr has no abilty to splash any bitmap.

Saturday, March 12, 2011 6:56 PM
  • Sean put it perfectly in a post above, "WES7 is a bit of a step backwards when it comes to branding compared to XP Embedded".  It's unreasonable for Microsoft to limit our ability to brand the OS in an embedded environment.

KNARZ, I'm concerned about hacking the resources (we've successful hacked the artifacts that you mentioned).  If Microsoft doesn't suppport this feature than it's possible that any future update could revert the hack back to standard MS branding.  We're looking for an Microsoft support solution.

Monday, March 14, 2011 4:09 PM
  • I' still very sure that there will never be an option while booting. Microsoft would corrupt there security "technologie" (digital signed files) by themself. And i think they wouldn't give out there tools to sign own files.
    Monday, March 14, 2011 5:18 PM
  • Hello here!

I'm successfuly remove almost all those artifacts, and there only stays a last animation that is a blue ring that has meaning 'loading'. I cant find out where it can be hided. May be some of you guys know how to get it?

Saturday, March 19, 2011 12:10 PM
  • Hi all!

How can we edit winlogon.exe.mui? Via third party tools??

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 4:22 PM
  • e.g. Reshacker (freeware), resource tuner (200$)
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 5:54 PM