"Unknown Error" submitting app to Windows Store RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to submit an update Windows 10 build of my app to the Windows Store and have been getting the following error all day:

Every individual part of the submission process works just fine like usual, but when I click on "Submit to the Store" I just get the Unknown Error.  I have tried using both Chrome and Edge browsers, and I have tried deleting the submission and starting over from scratch, but still the same issue.  Obviously the error message provided is not very helpful.  I was thinking that maybe the store submission is down right now, but I am not seeing that anybody else is having problems, so who knows?  Any ideas?

Thursday, March 31, 2016 8:18 PM

All replies

• Hello Brandon,

If you still experiencing this issue, please create a request with us here through your developer account so we may assist you appropriately. Thank you!

Friday, April 1, 2016 7:00 PM
  • Thank you, I will do that.
    Friday, April 1, 2016 8:07 PM
  • Thank you, I will do that.
    Please post back if you find a solution. I'm having the same issue
    Tuesday, April 5, 2016 1:36 PM
  • Sure, after messing around with it, I discovered that the error happens when I tried to remove the old Windows Phone 7 build (which I no longer support) to my submission, or when I attempted to remove an old store description translation. Either one of those scenarios caused the problem. To get past it, I had to delete my submission and start over, without trying to remove an old build or an old store description translation. It is kind of annoying because I don't want the old build active anymore or have two different versions of an "English" store description (regular English and English/US) but I guess I will deal with it for now.  
    Tuesday, April 5, 2016 2:02 PM