none
How do I raise a bug with Microsoft and get it investigated? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is there a more formal route of getting a bug with Excel investigated?

I raised this query before, but the thread has gone dead after the initial response and that didn't address the issue properly.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/0e9b1c94-f826-40ce-a199-1cbe9ebde9e7/problem-updating-excel-with-c?forum=exceldev

Thanks

Wednesday, November 7, 2018 1:09 PM

All replies

• Hi AndaPanda,

Base on my test, this piece of code works fine on my machine.

Please see the following screenshot:

Best Regards,

Lina

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Thursday, November 8, 2018 2:43 AM
  • Thanks Lina,

That's promising to at least see it work once!  We've tried multiple PCs and various builds of Excel released during 2018 and it always fails.  Could it be the version of the Interop library we are using.... I'd assumed it was an issue with Excel itself due to it working again if we revert to a 2017 build of Excel.

Please could you let me know which build of Excel you were using and if you think it's important, the version of .NET and the Interop library.  Thanks

Thursday, November 8, 2018 7:56 AM
  • Hi AndaPanda,

>>Please could you let me know which build of Excel you were using and if you think it's important, the version of .NET and the Interop library.

Please see the following screenshot:

Best Regards,

Lina

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Thursday, November 8, 2018 9:18 AM
  • Hi Lina,

Thanks for the screenshot, it looks like you are running quite an old build of Office (16.0.4639).  We can get the code to work with any of the Excel builds up to 16.0.8730.2127 but none of them after that.

Please could you test with a recent build, as we still think this is a bug.

• Edited by AndaPanda Thursday, November 8, 2018 10:19 AM typo
    Thursday, November 8, 2018 10:17 AM
  • Hi AndaPanda,

According to your description, I suggest that you could submit any feedback to Excel UserVoice:

https://excel.uservoice.com/

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Lina

Tuesday, November 13, 2018 6:18 AM