locked
WinRT app crashes in release build but not debug

    Question

  • I have an app that runs fine in debug but crashes when trying to launch in release. This is the exception that is thrown.

    Unhandled exception at 0x5D2F7717 (Windows.UI.Xaml.dll) in Napkin.exe: 0xC000027B: An application-internal exception has occurred (parameters: 0x034F6C70, 0x00000001).

    Any ideas what might be the source of this problem? Thanks.

    Here is more of the output window:

    Unhandled exception at 0x55257717 (Windows.UI.Xaml.dll) in Napkin.exe: 0xC000027B: An application-internal exception has occurred (parameters: 0x02D029E0, 0x00000001). Unhandled exception at 0x750D2722 (combase.dll) in Napkin.exe: 0xC0000602: A fail fast exception occurred. Exception handlers will not be invoked and the process will be terminated immediately.

    STATUS_STACK_BUFFER_OVERRUN encountered Napkin.exe has triggered a breakpoint. The thread 0x1b20 has exited with code -1073740791 (0xc0000409). The thread 0xb50 has exited with code -1073740791 (0xc0000409). The thread 0x108c has exited with code -1073740791 (0xc0000409). The thread 0x16cc has exited with code -1073740791 (0xc0000409). The thread 0x222c has exited with code -1073740791 (0xc0000409). The thread 0x78c has exited with code -1073740791 (0xc0000409). The thread 0x14a4 has exited with code -1073740791 (0xc0000409). The thread 0x2164 has exited with code -1073740791 (0xc0000409). The program '[6392] Napkin.exe' has exited with code -1073740791 (0xc0000409). Activation of the Windows Store app 'cdbbf746-1a99-4261-8bfa-9cb2934d4ac0_qddg1e943mmj2!App' failed with error 'Windows was unable to communicate with the target application. This usually indicates that the target application's process aborted. More information may be available in the Debug pane of the Output window (Debug->Windows->Output)'.

    I'm out of ideas. My next step is to start a new solution and add the components one by one until I find the problem, or get it to run. Thanks.


    • Edited by MarkFlamer Tuesday, May 7, 2013 11:22 PM double paste
    Tuesday, May 7, 2013 11:20 PM

Answers

  • I went ahead and created a new solution and migrated all my code over. Works fine now. It would have been nice to understand what the problem was, but oh well, at least i'm productive again. 
    • Proposed as answer by Jesse Jiang Thursday, May 9, 2013 3:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jesse Jiang Tuesday, May 14, 2013 2:08 AM
    Wednesday, May 8, 2013 4:58 AM

All replies

  • I went ahead and created a new solution and migrated all my code over. Works fine now. It would have been nice to understand what the problem was, but oh well, at least i'm productive again. 
    • Proposed as answer by Jesse Jiang Thursday, May 9, 2013 3:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jesse Jiang Tuesday, May 14, 2013 2:08 AM
    Wednesday, May 8, 2013 4:58 AM

  • Hi,

    It will be better there is a reproducible  sample codes, so that we can analyze it.

    Best regards,
    Jesse


    Jesse Jiang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

    Thursday, May 9, 2013 3:09 AM