none
Designing a game for children RRS feed

• Question

• I did design a game under Excel VBA, quite popular at school of my young son (7 years old) but many parents do not have Office so they cant use it. I decided to convert it to Visual Studio such that every parent can use it. But I am a beginner. Let me explain the concept of the game. 9 players. They have 64 steps to go towards arrival. Upon clicking the dice, they advance by the value of the dice but during the course they may fall into troubles which affect their courses (go back, let others pass etc..). I need on screen 9 tiny boxes (on which I only store the 1st letter of the name with their own color). So I need 64 x 9 = 576 tiny boxes disposed as a course going left to right then below right to left and again below left to right etc.. up to the 64th boxes. My question is "How to design this? With GridPanel? Tiny box as TextBlock? Please advise me. Thanks. Actually, if you could design the 1st 9 or 18 tiny boxes for me, I would then pursue designing the reminding. Thanks so much for your suggestions.
    Friday, March 22, 2019 7:21 PM

All replies

• Hi Loski, nice papa (or mama),

Firstly, if you have Visual Studio, your best choice would be VB.NET.  You will find it akin to Excel VBA.
    Secondly, I'd like to see a screenshot of your program (Excel VBA).  Could you share it via cloud storage such as OneDrive, Dropbox, etc?

Regards,

Ashidacchi -- https://ssl01.rocketnet.jp/hokusosha.com/default.html

Saturday, March 23, 2019 3:57 PM