none
Visual Studio Declaration Bar

Question

• In Visual Studio 13 when creating a brand new application (just a form, no controls) the Declaration Bar appears, allowing the user to create various snippets for events (Form1_Load for example) see picture below:

Doing the same thing in Visual Studio 15, and the "Declarations" bar is gone and I cannot create it, see picture below:

How can I make the "Declarations" bar appear again? Thanks in advance,

Big Buzzard

Philippe de Marchin

Friday, June 10, 2016 9:52 PM

Answers

• Did not understand at first you explanation but you put me in the right direction.

Here is the Menu bar of Visual Studio 15 Community:

Select the Tools Menu, then the Options Menu and within the Text Editor choices, select VB (Visual Basic) or whatever language, and - we're almost there - check the box on Navigation Bar. Done.

What is amazing is that in the previous versions, this option was normally checked ON by default. One cannot do decent work without that option OFF. Why this option was turned OFF in Visual Studio 15 Community baffles me.

Problem solved. Thanks.

Big Buzzard

Philippe de Marchin

• Marked as answer by BigBuzzard Saturday, June 11, 2016 11:32 PM
    Saturday, June 11, 2016 4:09 PM

All replies

• Check this option: menu à Tools à Options à Text Editor à Basic à General à Navigation bar.

Saturday, June 11, 2016 7:01 AM
  • Did not understand at first you explanation but you put me in the right direction.

Here is the Menu bar of Visual Studio 15 Community:

Select the Tools Menu, then the Options Menu and within the Text Editor choices, select VB (Visual Basic) or whatever language, and - we're almost there - check the box on Navigation Bar. Done.

What is amazing is that in the previous versions, this option was normally checked ON by default. One cannot do decent work without that option OFF. Why this option was turned OFF in Visual Studio 15 Community baffles me.

Problem solved. Thanks.

Big Buzzard

Philippe de Marchin

• Marked as answer by BigBuzzard Saturday, June 11, 2016 11:32 PM
    Saturday, June 11, 2016 4:09 PM