none
Kinect system engagement in C++ RRS feed

• Question

• In the msdn reference for C++, I see several functions which have no context to describe their use or functionality. Would someone please describe their reason to exist and their usage?

SetKinectOnePersonSystemEngagement()
    SetKinectTwoPersonSystemEngagement()
    OverrideKinectInteractionMode(KinectInteractionMode mode)

It is odd to me that they have no association with a specific Kinect sensor.
    It is also odd to me that there is no way to unset the first two APIs, i.e. here is no SetKinectDefaultSystemEngagement()

I found these as I was seeking a way to adjust the Kinect Runtime's automatic body tracking functionality to track only two engaged bodies like the Kinect v1 did.

--Dale

Monday, January 5, 2015 12:53 PM

All replies

• There is no way to specify only 2 bodies tracked for body tracking. You would have to come up with your own body tracking strategy(eg 2 closest, most active etc) based on the 6 bodies you will always get. Keep in mind, the v1 api for tracking selection was to overcome the limitation of not being able to track more. With v2 that limitation is no longer there.

As for the api's you are referencing, they are for the Interactions functionality. The api's are provided as a low level pointer/interaction strategy that can be implemented for any UI framework.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Monday, January 5, 2015 10:46 PM