Collection Page and Landing Page in Grid Template?

Question

• What are the concepts for collection page and landing page for grid application template?

I tried adjusting some binding in the collection page but I cannot find any change at all when I run the app? I also tried looking for document in this url http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh465293.aspx but still don't understand (it just said "Implements the collection page of the Grid Application project template. " or "Implements the landing page of the Grid Application project template. " , then what are both of them anyway)

Is collection page some kind of default form for landing page or has another meaning anyway?

Thanks

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 3:10 AM

Answers

• The collection page dispays...  The collection you select!

The landing page is the overall view of the collections.

If you click on the collection title you get to the view of the collections.

Try it:  Click on 'Collection title lorem 0' to see that collection or click on '0.0  ǺSed nisl nibh, eleifend posuere' to go to that specific item in that collection.

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 3:44 PM

All replies

• The collection page dispays...  The collection you select!

The landing page is the overall view of the collections.

If you click on the collection title you get to the view of the collections.

Try it:  Click on 'Collection title lorem 0' to see that collection or click on '0.0  ǺSed nisl nibh, eleifend posuere' to go to that specific item in that collection.

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 3:44 PM
  • Hi Jeff

Wow, that's really the first time I ever know that we can click on that 'Collection title lorem' (I always think that it is just a normal heading for the page). I usually click on the listview. In addition when I click on home button in navigation tab it will be go back to landing page, never thought there is another page behind this.

Many Thanks

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 1:46 AM