none
Send-and-save button: macro? RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I've started working with outlook at my workplace and I miss a piece of functionality that lotus notes had. I really like outlook but I miss a good send and save-button. I have already installed a macro that has mitigated some of things I missed. The macro has the following function: whenever I send a mail, outlook asks me in which map I want to save the sent mail (I have maps of all my projects). I like this macro, but I would like to obtain a macro that does the same AND also adds a copy to the Sent Items-folder. Now I am asked to choose between a map of my own or the Sent Items -folder. Can someone write a macro for me that does all this? I found the other macro just by googling and I know how to insert the macro, but have no idea to write one of my own :D.

Thx

Thursday, January 16, 2014 2:50 PM

All replies

• What do you mean by a "map"?

Do you have Outlook set to save sent items in the Sent Items folder? If that's set up then a macro would only need to copy the items to wherever you want.

Show the code of your current macro, and also provide us with information such as your Outlook version.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook

Thursday, January 16, 2014 3:55 PM