smaller on-screen keyboard needed

General discussion

• It would be great to have a smaller on-screen keyboard.  when using the pen, I do not need a full screen keyboard that takes up most of the screen real estate.  A full keyboard that is only about 3 inches wide and about 1 1/2 inches high would probably provide the appropriate amount of space that is needed. 

• Moved by Steven - Support EngineerMicrosoft Support, Moderator Monday, November 14, 2011 4:57 PM Since this feedback isn't specific to the Samsung Windows Developer Preview PC, this thread has been moved to the Windows Developer Preview: General OS questions forum (From:The Samsung Windows Developer Preview PC General)
    Sunday, November 13, 2011 6:05 PM

All replies

• The on-screen keyboard mainly design for touchscreen purpose , in your case you could go to start and search keyboard and then open different on-screen keyboard that was in Windows 7.
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 12:03 PM
  • If you are using the on-screen keyboard (osk.exe) you can adjust the size of the keyboard by using the arrows at the edges of the screen.
    You can then increase or decrease the size of the keyboard to take up less screen space.

Marilyn
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 5:47 PM
  • Marilyn, no didn't know about that keyboard (osk.exe)  that's exactly what I need!  I was using the one that toggles when I touch the screen where an input is needed and the little keyboard pops up.  I also use the one in the taskbar.  so, How do I make the little popup and the taskbar shortcut open this new "on-screen keyboard"?

I did make a shortcut to "osk" and placed on the taskbar which works fine just in case there's no way to change it.

Thanks Marilyn for your help!!

Austin

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 1:13 AM