DOPU e-mails not being received by patients RRS feed

• Question

• One of our customers has decided to use the dropoff/pickup feature for every patient at checkout.  However, a large number of the patients report not ever receiving an e-mail from HealthVault.  I have verified that everything is set up correctly (the e-mail address, and the security question/answer).  When I execute my tests locally, they all pass.  However, when I remotely connect, e-mails were not sent to yahoo or gmail, but I did receive one at our test account here.

What might cause this to happen?

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 9:23 PM

All replies

• Hi Jim,

When using the DOPU model, the application is responsible for getting the security question to the customer. This can be in the form of a print out handed to the customer at the time of the visit, or it can be sent via email to the customers email address. In the case of an email to the customer, the email is not sourced by the HealthVault platform, rather it is sent by the your application to an email that has been provided to you by the customer.

-Sean

Monday, September 22, 2014 3:56 PM
  • Thanks for the response, Sean!  We are using the HealthVault API to send the e-mail:

OfflineWebApplicationConnection.SendInsecureMessageFromApplication(...)

It is not returning any error codes.

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 2:23 PM
  • When using the HealthVault API to send mail via the SendInsecureMessageFromApplication platform call, you will need to ensure that you have made the following configuration changes for you HealthVault application via https://config.healthvault-ppe.com:

• Add the Send Email method group on the Method Mask tab.
    • Specify the Email Domain from which your application's emails will originate.  You will set the sender address when calling our email-sending methods and the HealthVault platform will check that this sender address matches the domain on file. 

Can you confirm that your application configuration has been set up according to these guidelines?

-Sean

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 4:00 PM
  • Thanks for the fast reply, Sean!

We have a master/child application system.  I have verified that the Send Email is checked for both.  The issue may be with the domain.  I notice that on the master application settings, the domain is set to our company's e-mail (telscreen.com).  However, when we register our child applications, we send the customer's e-mail domain.  Is it possible that somehow that isn't set correctly?  I've checked our code, and the ApplicationInfo.DomainName is definitely set when we call the ApplicationInfo.Update(...) method.

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 4:27 PM
  • Hi Jim,

Can you send this question to the hvtech@microsoft.com alias? Please provide a couple of the child application id's in the mail, and I will look at the production configuration for each child to see if there is a problem with how it was provisioned.

-Sean

Thursday, October 2, 2014 11:53 AM