none
Intel Atom based tablets RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Intel ATOM based tablets are now available, can these be used for HMI in products.

thanks in advance.

Regards

Prasanna

Saturday, September 13, 2014 7:31 AM

All replies

• Intel ATOM tablets have been around for a few years. To answer your question - why not? There are no limitation on what you use the computer for.

Or are you asking if Windows Embedded Handheld is support?

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Saturday, September 13, 2014 4:58 PM
  • Dear Sean,

As a independent tablet use one is allowed but I am making it part ( or embedding it into my product)

of my product say a lab instrument where only a dedicated application.

Is there a problem in doing so ?

Regards

Prasanna

Monday, September 15, 2014 6:50 AM
  • That would be more of a legal question to ask a local Microsoft distributor.

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 3:31 AM
  • Thanks for the reply Sean but unfortunately the distributor have very less knowledge of all Lic issues.

thanks

Regards

Prasanna

Friday, September 19, 2014 5:05 AM
  • They shouldn't have less information and if they do they need to contact Microsoft internally.

The tablet manufacturers might have information or a EULA that is shipped with the system.

Friday, September 19, 2014 6:06 AM