none
The client operation failed. [Microsoft Exchange Information Store - [E_FAIL(80004005)]] RRS feed

• Question

• I receive the error above when calling objSession.GetMessage( entryID, storeID ).

This error only occurs on Outlook 2010 when "Use Cached Exchange Mode" is cleared, otherwise it works fine.  The same code works fine in Outlook 2007.  Anybody have ideas?

EDIT:

I'm noticing about 3 minutes after the failure, I get the following message in the Event Viewer...

"The content source <mapi://{s-1-5-21-402253718-662595595-456216098-4085}/> cannot be accessed."  

EDIT:

Some research suggests that the Windows Search feature is failing and causing the last error message.  On another thread I read that "Cached Exchange Mode" must be on for search to work.  So, my having turned off Cached Exchange Mode has probably started this (probably unrelated) problem.  Anyhow, we keep looking...

Les Potter, Xalnix Corporation, Yet Another C# Blog

• Edited by xalnix Friday, May 20, 2011 8:46 PM more info
    Friday, May 20, 2011 7:04 PM

Answers

• I'm answering my own question.  I spoke to technical support at Microsoft.  The issue is that MAPI.Session.GetMessage() is a CDO method, and CDO is unsupported on the same machine as Outlook 2010 (and also Outlook 2007).  Therefore, it is now considered a known problem that will not be addressed.  If you are getting the MAPI message in order to accesses it's properties, then you should use the OOM PropertyAccessor method.  It does not give you a way of enumerating the properties, but it's the closest you can get with the OOM.  If you still need to enumerate properties, I recommend you obtain the Redemption product.

Les Potter, Xalnix Corporation, Yet Another C# Blog
    • Marked as answer by xalnix Tuesday, June 21, 2011 1:37 PM
    Tuesday, June 21, 2011 1:37 PM