none
[E2010] [EWSMA] Setting extended property error - The specified object was not found in the store. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a system which sets extended properties on emails. For one particular user, most of the times it is fine but on the odd occassion i get the "The specified object was not found in the store" after I run the following code:

emailMessage.SetExtendedProperty(extendedPropertyDefinition, value);
    emailMessage.Update(ConflictResolutionMode.AlwaysOverwrite)

Some things I know for sure:

- It doesnt happen to all emails, but ones where it does it happens consistently

- Its definitely not an access issue as far as I know as I can modify other properties on the email. I have owner access to the email.

Does anyone have any idea why this could be happening for certain cases?

EDIT: One thought i've had. I'm retrieving the email based on an exchange unique id i have stored. Its possible the user has deleted the email. They definitely havent moved to deleted folder because i dont have access to that, but they may have soft/hard deleted it. Is it possible I've retrieved a soft/hard deleted email by id and am trying to set an extended property on it, but it fails?

EDIT2: I have figured it out! It turns out the email is set to private sensitivity. When an emails sensitivity is set to private, even though i can access the email and read its contents etc, I can't make updates to it. This is the cause of the issue. The strange thing is there are some things I can modify, such as attachments!

Thursday, September 22, 2016 2:36 AM