none
how Entity Framework to do with facing other language(not english) of table name and table structure name RRS feed

• Question

• my problme is :

1. database name ,table name ,table structure name all are other language(not english).

2. how should i deal wiht entity. can it converted to english  entity?

thanks.

Thursday, August 15, 2013 9:40 AM

Answers

• Hello Eric,

Welcome to MSDN Forums.

>database name, table name, table structure name all are other language (not English).

SQL Server supports multiple languages. Information about all the languages are stored in sys.syslanguages system view. You can run following script in Query Editor and see all the information about each language. “Select Alias,* from sys.syslanguages”. If you could see the both languages are in the results, you could change database name, table name, and table structure name to what you want.

> How should I deal with entity? Can it converted to English entity?

In your edmx file, the name of the classes are aliases, you could modify them as you wish. But I suggest you to use “Update Model From Database” link. You could find the function in the right-click menu in your edmx file.

Best Regards,

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, August 16, 2013 9:23 AM

All replies

• Hi Eric,

I am moving your thread into the ADO.NET Entity Framework and LINQ to Entities

Forum for dedicated support. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, August 16, 2013 5:18 AM
  • thanks for your advice.
    Friday, August 16, 2013 9:21 AM
  • Hello Eric,

Welcome to MSDN Forums.

>database name, table name, table structure name all are other language (not English).

SQL Server supports multiple languages. Information about all the languages are stored in sys.syslanguages system view. You can run following script in Query Editor and see all the information about each language. “Select Alias,* from sys.syslanguages”. If you could see the both languages are in the results, you could change database name, table name, and table structure name to what you want.

> How should I deal with entity? Can it converted to English entity?

In your edmx file, the name of the classes are aliases, you could modify them as you wish. But I suggest you to use “Update Model From Database” link. You could find the function in the right-click menu in your edmx file.

Best Regards,

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, August 16, 2013 9:23 AM