none
Configuring BlobEndpoint and CloudBlobClient for maximum update throughput

Question

• I'm updating a large number of CloudBlockBlob using a CloudBlobClient per request (it's always the same blob).

The parameters for the the BlobEndpoint are set as follows:

blobEndpoint.UseNagleAlgorithm<-false
    blobEndpoint.ConnectionLimit<-1000
    //blobEndpoint.MaxIdleTime<-Timeout.Infinite

What I'm noticing is that after a while, the number of updates per second decreases to a very low rate and I suppose it's due to the number of available connections.

Do you recommend using the same blob client for multiple requests with a certain level of parallelism? Maybe a different configuration of the endpoint parameters?

Thanks

• Edited by Horia Toma Monday, February 27, 2017 6:14 PM
    Monday, February 27, 2017 4:52 PM

All replies

• Looks like your same question has been answered on Stackoverflow. Also, could you try testing it out with a single blob client to see if it helps improve the performance.
    Tuesday, February 28, 2017 9:15 AM
  • Hi Shibab, 

The question was not answered yet, I received a suggestion to use the Movement library.

I will try using a single client and see how it goes, though the parallelism level equivalent to the number of cores is not enough, but I will confirm this later.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 9:27 AM
  • I experiment the same kind of behavior when having a single client used by all threads.

I still think the problem is in the blob client and that connections are not recycled, thus I end with a very low number of active connections.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 12:51 PM
  • The solution I found was to set `maxconnection` to 1000 in system.net.

Worked so much better than the `ConnectionLimit` on the blob endpoint.
    Tuesday, February 28, 2017 3:56 PM