Right Click , showing "create unit test" option for C# projects only RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I have two questions , Can someone please let me know the reasons and solution to use .

1) Create unit test option not showing for Vb.net in VS 2015 

2) "Create Unit Test" option not showing in both C# and vb.net in VS 2017

charantej

Monday, April 17, 2017 1:17 PM

All replies

• Hi friend,

To add unit test project in C# is:

Right-Click Solution name (in solution explorer) -> Add -> New project -> Visual C# -> Test -> Unit Test:

adding VB.net unit test is similar as above:

Best regards,

Fletch

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 2:52 AM
  • We can add as you said,

Am asking about using "create unit test' option when we right clink on the method

This option is not showing in Vb.net (vs 2015) 

This option is not showing in both c# and vb.net in VS 2017

charantej

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 3:36 AM
  • Hi friend,

I tried to repro it in my end, and I found out that, you are right about the VB project.

In C# project, if you we select .NET Framework other .NET Standard, we still could right-click to create unit test :

But what doubt is reasonable, I also think it'd be better if VS could add that option in VB project,

so I help you to submit a user voice here, you could comment on and vote it, I hope the engineers of VS developing team could evaluate seriously.

https://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/330519-team-services/suggestions/18976120-there-is-no-right-click-to-create-unit-test-in-vb

Thanks for your kind understanding.

Best regards,

Fletch

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Fletch Zhou Wednesday, April 19, 2017 7:37 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Fletch Zhou Wednesday, April 19, 2017 2:22 PM
    Wednesday, April 19, 2017 7:37 AM