none
Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC RRS feed

• Question

• Error Message:

I am getting the following error message every time I open a workbook and run a simple Auto_Open sub.  Can any of you pros help me understand what is happening?  I am running Excel 2016 and Windows 7.  Thanks.

Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC

Stack Trace:

Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.Shim.NativeExcelException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.NativeExcelFunctions.ValidateResult(Int32 result, Int32[] expectedValues)

at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.NativeExcelFunctions.Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.INativeExcelFunctions.LoadMashupData(IntPtr workbookPointer)

at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.Shim.NativeWorkbookStorageServices.LoadMashupData(IWorkbook workbook, Boolean throwOnCorrupted, MashupCustomXmlPart& data)

at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.Shim.IWorkbookStorageServicesExtensions.TryGetPackage(IWorkbookStorageServices workbookStorageServices, IWorkbook workbook, PackageComponents& excelPackage, PackageValidationResult& validatePackageResult)

at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.WorkbookPackageInfo.InitializeFromWorkbook(ExcelServices excelServices, PackageManager packageManager, IWorkbook workbook, IWorkbookIdentity workbookIdentity)

at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.PackageManager.InitializeWorkbookPackageInfo(IWorkbook workbook, IWorkbookIdentity workbookIdentity, Boolean allowCreateNew)

at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.PackageManager.EnsureWorkbookPackageInfo(IWorkbook workbook, Boolean allowCreateNew)

at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.ActiveQueryCache.CacheEntry.GetWorkbookQueries(IWindowContext windowContext, PackageManager packageManager)

at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.ActiveQueryCache.CacheEntry.Create(IWindowContext windowContext, IWorkbookServices workbookServices, PackageManager packageManager)

at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.ActiveQueryCache.CreateAndSetCacheEntry(IWindowContext windowContext)

at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.ActiveQueryCache.GetOrCreateCacheEntry(IWindowContext windowContext)

at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.CustomTaskPaneManagers.UpdateQueriesTaskPaneVisibility(IWindowContext windowContext)

at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.ExcelEventHandler.PerformPeriodicUpdate(IEnumerable`1 queriesTaskPaneVisibilityUpdateWindows)

at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.NativeEventHandler.<OnIdle>b__0()

at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionHandlerExtensions.HandleExceptions(IExceptionHandler exceptionHandler, Action action)

Invocation Stack Trace:

at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionExtensions.GetCurrentInvocationStackTrace()

at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.ClientShared.UnexpectedExceptionHandler.HandleException(Exception e)

at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionHandlerExtensions.HandleExceptions(IExceptionHandler exceptionHandler, Action action)

at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.NativeEventHandler.OnIdle()

at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.NativeExcelConnector.<OnIdleCallback>b__3c()

at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.NativeExcelConnector.InvokeAndReturnHResult(Action action)

at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.NativeExcelConnector.OnIdleCallback()

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 8:42 PM

All replies

• Hi RHGold,

>> I am getting the following error message every time I open a workbook and run a simple Auto_Open sub

With less information, I am not able to test with your situation. Did you open workbook manually or by code? It would be helpful if you could share us your Auto_Open sub code.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 2:26 AM
  • Here is the auto_open sub I am running:

Private Sub auto_Open()

With Application
        .DisplayFormulaBar = False
        .DisplayScrollBars = False
        .ExecuteExcel4Macro "SHOW.TOOLBAR(""Ribbon"",false)"
    End With
    For x = 1 To ThisWorkbook.Sheets.Count
        Sheets(x).Unprotect "24six"
    Next x
    ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Main").Activate
    With ActiveWindow
        .DisplayHeadings = False
        .DisplayWorkbookTabs = False
        .ScrollColumn = 1
        .ScrollRow = 1
        .WindowState = xlMaximized
    End With
    UserForm1.Show

End Sub

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 2:19 PM
  • Hi RHGold,

I made a test with steps below under Excel 2016 and windows 10, but I failed to reproduce your issue.

Open a workbook, add a new sheet named “Main”, add a new UserForm, and run the code.

I suggest you debug your code line by line, and check which line got this error.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, December 24, 2015 6:48 AM
  • Hello RHGold.  I have great interest because for the past 5 hrs i have been searching, because I have the exact same issue.  I would hate for my users to see this error pop-up, and them having to trust that is ok to ignore it.  Any news on this?
    Tuesday, February 16, 2016 3:15 PM
  • Did anybody find a solution to this?
    Thursday, February 9, 2017 7:16 PM
  • I read through this page and I have no idea what any of you refer to but I just got this very same error message, twice today. Edward, I do not know how to debug anything unless it's ants in the kitchen or army worms on my currant bushes. So, if you could be so kind as to tell me - in plain English - what I need to do to fix it, that would be helpful. I'm looking for a simpler solution, even if I have to re-build the entire workbook. 

Any help would save me from losing my mind.

Thanks! Ned

Some history:

It's for our payroll - a precious document

data links from page to page and file to file.

we have one file per fiscal year, saved as a new files and typed over.

It has multiple pages.

It was originally created in Excel 97-2003 OS, Windows 98; then converted to Excel 2007, OS Windows 7 and converted to Excel 2016, OS Windows 10

Wednesday, March 18, 2020 5:48 PM