How to fix an app after being removed? Store removed app because it has a free trial? RRS feed

• Question

• Looks like the store is clamping down on "trial' apps that don't clearly say what's free and what's not. My problem is that they removed my app, but now it's not clear how to get it back

The instructions say I can fix the description -- but I can't because the description is now read only. Or I can use the "free trial" API that's available now, but I can't do that either because the packages are read only, too. Or I can remove my custom prompt for the update, but once again, I can't because the packages are read only.

There is a comment about "To resubmit your app, contact reportapp@microsoft.com. Please include your app ID so we can act quickly."  But when I did that, it seems like they didn't actually read my email (they certainly didn't email me back!), but just reprocessed the app and description that had the problem. Result: still not allowed in the store.

It's very frustrating! I don't want to abandon my app, but without the ability to make a change, what else can I do?

- Peter

Friday, April 13, 2018 7:38 PM

Answers

• Hi Peter,

>I don't want to abandon my app, but without the ability to make a change, what else can I do?

To acquire the permission to submit your new submission, you still need reportapp team to make your "Update" button available.

You could open a support ticket through your developer account with your application details so that support could help you to contact reportapp team.

Please select "Applications" as your Issue Type and submit an incident.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 16, 2018 2:08 AM

All replies

• Hi Peter,

>I don't want to abandon my app, but without the ability to make a change, what else can I do?

To acquire the permission to submit your new submission, you still need reportapp team to make your "Update" button available.

You could open a support ticket through your developer account with your application details so that support could help you to contact reportapp team.

Please select "Applications" as your Issue Type and submit an incident.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 16, 2018 2:08 AM
  • Short answer: everything worked out. I followed the steps, waited for an email confirmation, made a change to my app description, resubmitted, got approved and then got a nice follow-up email from the store team.

The store team was always helpful and enthusiastic -- but sometimes these things take more hours than an impatient and anxious developers wants them to :-)

Monday, April 16, 2018 10:20 PM