none
Microsoft Speech Recognition using asp.net RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to implement a speech recognition web application using asp.net and C#. For this I'm using Microsoft.Speech.Recognition library and I've installed 

1.  Microsoft Server Speech Platform Runtime.
    2.  Microsoft Speech Platform SDK.
    3. Microsoft Speech Recognition Language.

all are version 11.

For recording voice, I'm using flash in the client side and I provide wav file as an input to SpeechRecognitionEngine. This gives the recognized text. And I'm also using grammar.

The problem is with displaying the text - I'm not able to display the recognized text on the browser. Please help me.

Monday, January 6, 2014 9:50 AM

Answers

• Hi Rajii,

>The problem is with displaying the text - I'm not able to display the recognized text on the browser.

As I know, ASP.NET is not suitable for this issue. Because I think the speech operations cannot transmit through the network and the recognized text only can display on the server.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 7:34 AM

All replies

• Hi Rajii,

I don’t know what’s wrong with your code? Please refer to the following link for details. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.speech.recognition.speechrecognitionengine.aspx. The code sample shows how to use SpeechRecognitionEngine class.

By the way, this thread is about Speech programming. Please post new thread on Speech forum for more effective response. Thank you for understanding.

http://archive.msdn.microsoft.com/wsrmacros/Thread/List.aspx.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 3:23 AM
  • Thank you for the reply. I have implemented same as the code sample given by your link.

Sorry, I was not aware of Speech forum and thank you for the suggestion.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 5:51 AM
  • Hi Rajii,

>The problem is with displaying the text - I'm not able to display the recognized text on the browser.

As I know, ASP.NET is not suitable for this issue. Because I think the speech operations cannot transmit through the network and the recognized text only can display on the server.

Regards,

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 7:34 AM