Showing No Data with Latest TFS Version RRS feed

• Question

• I came to the office hoping to work on my project, but when I went and got the latest version then launched Debug, it shows no data. My latest table edits are showing in Solution Explorer.

I'm very new to VS and TFS but pretty sure I set it up right, but my TFS knowledge is zilch.

I did try Clean Solution and Build/Rebuild 

Where can I start? What can I do?

• Edited by MrGlimm Wednesday, April 1, 2015 6:22 AM
    Wednesday, April 1, 2015 6:20 AM

Answers

• It is best not to check-in to TFS though you can. If you ever have read-only mdf ldf files you will get errors. So you would have to manually manage the TFS check-in/out

You could create/generate scripts to seed the data, use a database project and attach to the LightSwitch project. A simple copy/backup will work. Try the processes out on a very simple LightSwitch test project to gain some confidence and experience.

Dave

Dave Baker | AIDE for LightSwitch | Xpert360 blog | twitter : @xpert360 | Xpert360 website | Opinions are my own. For better forums, remember to mark posts as helpful/answer.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, April 7, 2015 8:55 AM
    Wednesday, April 1, 2015 10:27 AM
  • You could create/generate scripts to seed the data, use a database project and attach to the LightSwitch project. A simple copy/backup will work. Try the processes out on a very simple LightSwitch test project to gain some confidence and experience.

See:

Intrinsic Database Management with Database Projects (Chris Rummel)

Unleash the Power - Get the LightSwitch 2013 HTML Client / SharePoint 2013 book

http://LightSwitchHelpWebsite.com

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 12:38 PM

All replies

• The files in bin\Data are not usually added and tracked in TFS. The intrinsic localdb database and the data you see in debug (except external data sources) are stored there.

You could copy the ApplicationDatabase mdf/ldf files manually. You can access the database in VS with SQL object explorer.

Dave

Dave Baker | AIDE for LightSwitch | Xpert360 blog | twitter : @xpert360 | Xpert360 website | Opinions are my own. For better forums, remember to mark posts as helpful/answer.

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 8:34 AM
  • So is it in my best interest to check in excluded files, or at least add this directory to included? It is just me working on this Solution, but need to work on it two different locations.
    Wednesday, April 1, 2015 8:58 AM
  • It is best not to check-in to TFS though you can. If you ever have read-only mdf ldf files you will get errors. So you would have to manually manage the TFS check-in/out

You could create/generate scripts to seed the data, use a database project and attach to the LightSwitch project. A simple copy/backup will work. Try the processes out on a very simple LightSwitch test project to gain some confidence and experience.

Dave

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 10:27 AM
  • You could create/generate scripts to seed the data, use a database project and attach to the LightSwitch project. A simple copy/backup will work. Try the processes out on a very simple LightSwitch test project to gain some confidence and experience.

See:

Intrinsic Database Management with Database Projects (Chris Rummel)

Unleash the Power - Get the LightSwitch 2013 HTML Client / SharePoint 2013 book

http://LightSwitchHelpWebsite.com

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 12:38 PM