CF 2.0 app on Windows Mobile 6 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have an application that was set to target windows CE 5.0, using Compact framework 2.0.
    When attempting to install this app on a Windows Mobile 6 device. We receive an error indicating that the .Net framework is not installed.
    When attemting to install the CF 2.0 it complains that a greater version of CF is already installed.

Is it possible to have an app that targets 2.0 work on a device with 3.5 installed?
    Or is it possible to have multiple versions of the CF on the one device?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

MCPD
    Monday, April 12, 2010 4:30 AM

Answers

• Every application required it's own base framework, If you have been developed your application in .NET CF 2.0 then you need to installed on your device first.
    If you find my post is helpful for you then mark as a answer.
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Friday, April 16, 2010 8:07 AM
    Monday, April 12, 2010 5:46 AM
  • Windows Mobile 6 comes with the .Net 2.0 framework preinstalled, so there's not much to say about order; 2.0 will already be there and you would be installing 3.5.

Joel Ivory Johnson | http://www.j2i.net | Device Application Development MVP
    It takes all the running you can do to stay in one place.If you want to get somewhere else,you must try to run at least twice as fast as that.
    Monday, April 12, 2010 12:35 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can installed multiple framework version on a device, in your case you have to installed .NET Compact framework 2.0 (NETCFv2.wm.armv4i.cab) First on your device then you are able to run your application.

In your system you can find the NETCFv2.wm.armv4i.cab below path.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\CompactFramework\v2.0\WindowsCE\wce500\armv4i

Hope it help.

Monday, April 12, 2010 5:18 AM
  • Hi,

You can installed multiple framework version on a device, in your case you have to installed .NET Compact framework 2.0 (NETCFv2.wm.armv4i.cab) First on your device then you are able to run your application.

In your system you can find the NETCFv2.wm.armv4i.cab below path.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\CompactFramework\v2.0\WindowsCE\wce500\armv4i

Hope it help.

Monday, April 12, 2010 5:19 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.

So aslong as I install the CF in order of version i can maintain multiple versions?

Also, i assumed (likley incorrectly) that an application built for .Net CF 2, will "just work" on a device that has .Net CF 3.5? Was i wrong in thinking this?

thanks again for your help, very much appreciated.

MCPD
    Monday, April 12, 2010 5:31 AM
  • Every application required it's own base framework, If you have been developed your application in .NET CF 2.0 then you need to installed on your device first.
    Monday, April 12, 2010 5:46 AM
  • Windows Mobile 6 comes with the .Net 2.0 framework preinstalled, so there's not much to say about order; 2.0 will already be there and you would be installing 3.5.

Joel Ivory Johnson | http://www.j2i.net | Device Application Development MVP
    It takes all the running you can do to stay in one place.If you want to get somewhere else,you must try to run at least twice as fast as that.
    Monday, April 12, 2010 12:35 PM