ASDK Site-to-Site VPN does not allow Windows VM creation due to Location RRS feed

• Question

• I created a Site-to-Site VPN to connect two ASDK (1712, build 20180103.2) following this link (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-stack/azure-stack-create-vpn-connection-one-node).  I’m able to create Linux VMs (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS), but ASDK does not like the location (local) when I tried to create a Windows VM (WS2016).  I don’t have any problem creating Windows VM if Site-to-Site VPN is not configured. 

I was trying to find a way to change the location of ASDK, but it has not been successful.  How do I change the location of ASDK so that I can create a Windows VM?

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 8:25 PM

Answers

• Hello Yukako,

At this stage of VM creation, Resource Manager isn’t aware of the S2S VPN and shouldn’t affect anything on the ‘Basics - Configure Basic settings’ blade.

Can you refresh the Portal by logging out and then back in and retry creating your WS2016 VM?

If you are still unable to create the WS2016 VM

Try deleting the Windows Server 2016 image from Marketplace Management and redownload the image via Marketplace Syndication.

Let us know how it goes,

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your time and interest in Azure Stack.

If you experience any issues with Azure Stack or the current ASDK release, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks

Gary Gallanes

Thursday, January 25, 2018 1:19 AM

All replies

• Hello Yukako,

At this stage of VM creation, Resource Manager isn’t aware of the S2S VPN and shouldn’t affect anything on the ‘Basics - Configure Basic settings’ blade.

Can you refresh the Portal by logging out and then back in and retry creating your WS2016 VM?

If you are still unable to create the WS2016 VM

Try deleting the Windows Server 2016 image from Marketplace Management and redownload the image via Marketplace Syndication.

Let us know how it goes,

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your time and interest in Azure Stack.

If you experience any issues with Azure Stack or the current ASDK release, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks

Gary Gallanes

Thursday, January 25, 2018 1:19 AM
  • Hi Gary,

Thank you for your reply.  Refreshing the portal did not solve it, but deleting and downloading the image did.  I didn't suspect the images because both WS2016 and WS2016 Core on each site of ASDK had the same issue (4 downloaded images being bad at the same time...wow).  Anyway, the issue is resolved.   

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 10:24 PM