none
Why do inserted images in Outlook grow in size and how to prevent it from happening? RRS feed

• Question

• I created an Outlook email message with HTML.  When I load the images in the email they're fine but when the email is sent, I look at it in my sent folder and all of the images automatically look larger than they're supposed to be.

Is there a way to stop Outlook from doing this?

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 6:54 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Did you have a chance to check out the HTML markup?

Note, you can use any low-level property explorer tool such as MFCMAPI or OutlookSpy.

Also you need to be aware that Outlook uses Word as an email editor. You can read more about  supported and unsupported HTML elements, attributes, and cascading style sheets properties in the following series of articles:

Word 2007 HTML and CSS Rendering Capabilities in Outlook 2007 (Part 1 of 2)

Word 2007 HTML and CSS Rendering Capabilities in Outlook 2007 (Part 2 of 2)

[custom.development]

Thursday, July 21, 2016 1:01 AM
  • OK thanks for your reply. I used VISCOM to create the email campaign. It works great and seems to generate great HTML for email. It also exports my design to an HTML page.

So I then went to Outlook, put the cursor in the body, did an attach file, selected "insert as text," and when I did so, all of my images are stretched out of proportion and the next is no longer the same size as it was when it was exported via VISCOM.  So I went in and did all of this crazy stretching of the images to get them back to the way they're supposed to look.

When I did that I save it as a draft and when I opened it back up again, I was shocked to find everything I had just done was gone, that it was back to the crazy stretched images again :(

Wow that was surprising.

Thursday, July 21, 2016 7:17 PM
  • >>>I used VISCOM to create the email campaign.

Could you provide more information about VISCOM? In addition could you provide your sample codes? More information will help us reproduce and resolve it.

Thanks for your understanding.
    Monday, July 25, 2016 1:20 AM