SQL Connection when App is Installed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, i developed a mobile application for windows mobile 6 using .net compact framework 3.5, visual studio 2008 and C#. Now the problem is that when I install the application on the mobile which the installation files are made using visual studio it does not connect to SQL. The strange thing is if that i connect the USB cable to the mobile and the wi-fi is ON and it works (by deployment and installation both work), when the usb wire is still connected but wi-fi turned OFF it does not connect which made me think that i made the installation wrong or i am missing a file. Thanks for your help
    Noel Farrugia
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 6:07 AM

Answers

• Hi i solved it Thanks, the connection string was using the server name, then i did it with the IP, port with no /SQLExpress and it worked :)
    Noel Farrugia
    • Marked as answer by Jesse Jiang Thursday, August 11, 2011 9:31 AM
    Monday, August 8, 2011 4:13 PM

All replies

• Hi Noel,

Would you please show us the connect string? As far as I know, we can connect the SQL through WiFi with IP address, but we can not connect SQL through WMDC, because WMDC might block ping requests. Therefore, if you WiFi is on the device connect with IP address, if the WiFi is off, the device will connect with WMDC, and it failed.

Best regards,

Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, August 8, 2011 8:55 AM
  • Hi i solved it Thanks, the connection string was using the server name, then i did it with the IP, port with no /SQLExpress and it worked :)
    Noel Farrugia
    • Marked as answer by Jesse Jiang Thursday, August 11, 2011 9:31 AM
    Monday, August 8, 2011 4:13 PM