none
bill429 RRS feed

• Question

• How do I change access short date from 12/29/2017 to 12/29/17 for all of access?
    • Edited by bill429 Friday, December 29, 2017 4:11 AM
    Friday, December 29, 2017 4:10 AM

All replies

• How do I change access short date from 12/29/2017 to 12/29/17 for all of access?

Hi bill429,

Funny, because of the Millenium Problem I was richly paid to add those two numbers.

Did you already discover the Format function?

Imb.

Friday, December 29, 2017 9:37 AM
  • Hi Bill,

Maybe you could also try adjusting your Regional Settings...

Hope it helps...

Friday, December 29, 2017 4:04 PM
  • Hi bill429,

you can change the date format in design view of table.

you can set your desired format like below.

date will look like below when you enter data in table.

if data are already in the table then also you can modify the format and it will display the data in new format.

further , when you want to display the date in different format on Form or on Report then you can also change the format there.

Reference:

Format the date and time field in Access

Add and customize date and time formats

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 1, 2018 5:46 AM
  • Hi bill429,

>> How do I change access short date from 12/29/2017 to 12/29/17 for all of access?

There are no settings in Access to change short date for all of access.

For the suggestion from theDBguy, it could achieve, but it will change the short date for all applications on the computer.

Without affecting the other apps, I would suggest you change the Format for every table.

Best Regards,

Tao Zhou

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 3, 2018 5:42 AM