Universal App (Cordova) supported OS and platform shows wrong values in App Store RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I'm developing a hybrid Cordova/PhoneGap App for Windows Phone 10 and Windows Phone 8.1 which I submitted to the Microsoft App Store.

I created 2 *bundle.appxupload builds, one for Win8.1 and one for Win10. The Windows 10 .appxmanifest contains the following version restriction:

<Dependencies>
    <TargetDeviceFamily MaxVersionTested="10.0.10586.29" MinVersion="10.0.10586.0" Name="Windows.Mobile" />
    </Dependencies>

The Windows Phone 8.1 build contains the following:

<Prerequisites>
      <OSMinVersion>6.3.1</OSMinVersion>
      <OSMaxVersionTested>6.3.1</OSMaxVersionTested>
    </Prerequisites>

When I uploaded it to the store, it correctly detects the two builds as 8.1 and 10 but when I check the App Store listing it shows the following under "supported operating systems":

Windows Phone 10
    Windows Phone 8.1
    Windows Phone 8
    Windows Phone 7

But I only want to support 8.1 and 10. What went wrong? What do I have to change to fix this?

Should I change the entry in the Windows Phone 8.1 appxmanifest to the following?

<Prerequisites>
      <OSMinVersion>8.10.14147</OSMinVersion>
      <OSMaxVersionTested>8.10.15148</OSMaxVersionTested>
    </Prerequisites>
    Would this help/fix it?

I also only created builds explicitly for ARM but the Store listing on the web shows "neutral, ARM" and the on device Store on my Windows Phone 10 device says "x86, x64, arm" but I only want to support ARM devices. What went wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 12:33 PM