VBA functions in SSAS 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• Will we be able to use VBA functions in MDX queries in SSAS 2008?    Specifically VBA!DateDiff?

Tuesday, December 25, 2007 12:32 AM

Answers

• No change here from AS2005. You should be able to use your VBA functions.

They are disabled by default , so you'd have to go through the server properties.

Edward.
    --
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, December 25, 2007 10:19 AM

All replies

They are disabled by default , so you'd have to go through the server properties.

Edward.
    --
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, December 25, 2007 10:19 AM
  • Friday, January 18, 2008 4:56 AM

Hello,

What property needs to be set in server properties? I was using 'Replace' function in SSAS 2005, then when I upgraded to 2008 it's giving me 'Access Denied' error, and I am guessing it means Access to the assembly is denied. I went through the server properties, but I couldn't guess which property to enable.

Thanks,
    Katara
    Monday, November 16, 2009 1:51 PM

Hello,

What property needs to be set in server properties? I was using 'Replace' function in SSAS 2005, then when I upgraded to 2008 it's giving me 'Access Denied' error, and I am guessing it means Access to the assembly is denied. I went through the server properties, but I couldn't guess which property to enable.

Thanks,
    Katara

I have the same problem as Katara.

The "Replace" function does not work.

What do I need to do to enable it ?

Friday, September 23, 2011 6:21 PM
  • Have a look at VBA functions in MDX and DAX for SQL Server 2012 [http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-ca/library/hh510163.aspx].

Some are for both MDX and DAX, others are supported by MDX only, and a few are not supported at all like Replace.

Monday, April 15, 2013 7:18 PM