none
.net 3.5 sp1 installation problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. Im bong from the Philippines. I was trying to install some desktop gadgets and it says that it can only run on .net 3.5 sp1 or higher. I tried downloading and installing it from a microsoft website and this is my 3rd day trying to install it but no success. im using MS windows xp. I also tried doin a lot of things like uninstalling the .net 1.1 and 2.0 versions and not im worried that these damaged my system. Im begging for your help. pls
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 6:47 AM

Answers

• Hi Bong,

Welcome to MSDN forums.

Some clarification with you:
    Did you receive any error message during the installation?

To install .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 on Windows XP, please try the steps as the following for further troubleshooting:

1. Use Cleanup tool to remove .NET Framework 3.5 >> 3.0 >> 2.0 in order
    2. Download .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 (Full Package) which will install .NET 2.0 and 3.0 as prerequisite
    2. Run the installer to install .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
    3. If any problem occurs during the installation, use Collect tool to collect the log files for further troubleshooting.

- Try to clean your "%temp%" folder (Start Menu >> Run >> Type "%temp%")
    - Install .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 full package
    - Collect the logs from "%temp%" folder
      Collect tool: http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths/archive/2008/05/09/visual-studio-and-net-log-collection-utility.aspx
    - Send vslogs.cab file to me (v-yicche@microsoft.com)
      Note: Please attach the link of this post in the mail.

Hope this helps! If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Tuesday, March 2, 2010 6:59 AM
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 8:40 AM
  • Thanks for replying mr. Chen. Sorry that is took me days to reply to you coz i was busy looking for a cheap external DVD drive in case my last resort to solve my problem would be the reformating of my netbook.

Yes i received a lot of error msgs while installing .net. unfortunately, i dont understand any of them so i easily forgot what it says. Will try doing all your suggestions. will bother you again in case the suggestions wont work if you may allow me.

Thanks and more power!!!!

BONG
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Wednesday, March 3, 2010 4:47 AM
    Wednesday, March 3, 2010 12:53 AM

All replies

• Hi Bong,

Welcome to MSDN forums.

To install .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 on Windows XP, please try the steps as the following for further troubleshooting:

2. Download .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 (Full Package) which will install .NET 2.0 and 3.0 as prerequisite
    3. If any problem occurs during the installation, use Collect tool to collect the log files for further troubleshooting.

Collect tool: http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths/archive/2008/05/09/visual-studio-and-net-log-collection-utility.aspx

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Tuesday, March 2, 2010 6:59 AM
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 8:40 AM
  • Thanks for replying mr. Chen. Sorry that is took me days to reply to you coz i was busy looking for a cheap external DVD drive in case my last resort to solve my problem would be the reformating of my netbook.

Yes i received a lot of error msgs while installing .net. unfortunately, i dont understand any of them so i easily forgot what it says. Will try doing all your suggestions. will bother you again in case the suggestions wont work if you may allow me.

Thanks and more power!!!!

BONG
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Wednesday, March 3, 2010 4:47 AM
    Wednesday, March 3, 2010 12:53 AM
  • Hi Bong,

It's my pleasure!

I'm so glad to hear this good news.

Have a nice day.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Wednesday, March 3, 2010 4:47 AM
  • Hi Bong,

Welcome to MSDN forums.

To install .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 on Windows XP, please try the steps as the following for further troubleshooting:

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen

Finally made it, I have the similar question.
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 12:22 AM