How to setup ftp on iis10? RRS feed

• Question

• User1463982312 posted

I have an IIS 10 server setup on a desktop for home use and developing and testing web sites. Now that I have completed the server setup I want to setup a ftp server. Are there any tutorials that are relevant to IIS 10? I have had a go at it using what I could find on Google but I can't get it to work.

Wednesday, August 2, 2017 1:35 AM

Answers

• User1463982312 posted

Thanks for your response Yuk.

On recommendation from a friend, I've installed FileZilla client and server. The installation was fairly simple and I have a working ftp connection to my web server.

Once again thank you. Kind regards John.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Tuesday, September 28, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, August 3, 2017 11:12 AM

All replies

• User-460007017 posted

Hi JohnD2117,

Here is the complete tutorial about how to setup ftp:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/iis/install/installing-publishing-technologies/installing-and-configuring-ftp-7-on-iis-7

If you need to get this work, just follow this link and set the permission for authenticated user and enable the authentication like anonymous authentication or basic authentication. Then you may need to set the binding. just ensure you have selected the right IP address and the binding host header has been purchased or added with cname in your internal DNS.

If you don't know how to fix the FTP issue, please provide the error message.

Best Regards,

Yuk Ding

Wednesday, August 2, 2017 8:21 AM
  • User1463982312 posted

Thanks for your response Yuk.

On recommendation from a friend, I've installed FileZilla client and server. The installation was fairly simple and I have a working ftp connection to my web server.

Once again thank you. Kind regards John.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Tuesday, September 28, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, August 3, 2017 11:12 AM