none
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime can't install updates RRS feed

• Question

• Updates for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime can not be installed on my computer.

Can anybody help me solve this problem. 

Thanks.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 7:24 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi alfred,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Would you please clarify your environment for further research?

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, August 2, 2012 6:44 AM
  • Thanks, my system is Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 32bit. And the error code is 643.
    Friday, August 3, 2012 7:52 AM
  • Hi alfred,

It's based on my experience that following options will raise the error which you mentioned:

• Corrupt Windows Registry: Damage to your computer's registry could compromise your PC's stability and performance, including slow-downs, 643 Error and crashes..
    • Overloaded Windows System: Extraneous consumption of System resource like memory, CPU and hard drives can overload the Operating System and thus make your PC prone to  643 Error.

I hope following link can help you: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-windows_update/error-643/93465ca2-98f1-4ab1-9b89-d122c001b8ac

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 9:28 AM
  • I'm getting the same error - 643 when it tries to install the KB2525428 - update for Visual Studio Tools for Office.

My system is Windows 7 64bit on an AMD based 6 Core PC.

I'm using VS2010 to do Silverlight Development.  Also I have VS2012 installed (although SL dev doesn't work with that for some reason).

TIA

Mivoat

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 10:25 PM
  • I'm facing the same issue. Installation of Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime update fails with Code 643
    Thursday, August 16, 2012 10:37 AM
  • I see the same issue.  I tried installing the update manually (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=20479), and got a more detailed error message: "A more recent version of this update is already installed."

Monday, September 17, 2012 3:18 AM
  • I'm getting the same issue too. Windows 7, 64 Bit.
    Thursday, October 4, 2012 6:57 AM
  • Just for further reference (I realize it's an older thread, but it's still searchable!), the "permalink" for the download is go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=140384.  The other link unfortunately had to be retired, so please use the permalink above instead.

Michael Zlatkovsky | Program Manager, Visual Studio Tools for Office & Apps for Office

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 6:54 PM
  • That link gave me: "We're sorry, but the page you requested could not be found. Please check your typing and try again, or use the search options on this page"

In the end I uninstalled Tools for Office - wasn't using them, and after several days the update that wouldn't install, disappeared and stopped troubling me.

Mivoat

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 7:04 PM