none
UWP JavaScript BingMap clusters RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

We have uwp app which use Webview control with javascript bing map api. We have a problem with cluster module. After zoomed in/out of map, clusters are not refreshed sometimes(TestAppScreenShoot1.png). After moving of map view, clusters are refreshed(TestAppScreenShoot2.png). We created test app by https://blogs.bing.com/maps/May-2016-(1)/Pushpin-Clustering-in-Bing-Maps-V8 but result is same. 
    We created test app with newer version of Windows framework(1803) too,  but result still same.
    This issue was tested on Edge and IE with https://www.bing.com/api/maps/mapcontrol/isdk/clusteringmeanaverage?autoRedirect=false#HTML too but without changes(EdgeBrowserScreenShootIssue.png)
    This problem occurs only on tablet.

Does anyone have any advice or same problem?

Tablet: Lenovo ThinkPad
    Windows 10 Version: 1803(build 17134.471)
    UWP taget version: Windows 10 Anniversary Edition Build 14393

EdgeBrowserScreenShootIssue.png

edgeBrowserScreenShoot

TestAppScreenShoot1.png

testAppScreenShootIssue

TestAppScreenShoot2.pngtestAppScreenShootCorrect

Thanks in advance.

• Edited by Lukas Sugra Thursday, January 3, 2019 8:54 AM
    Wednesday, January 2, 2019 11:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Lukas,

You say this only occurs on a tablet?  I have a thinkpad but it is not a tablet. Do you mean a laptop in a tablet mode or just that it has a touch screen? Also, 14393 is a very old build, more than a year I believe.  Does updating the OS solve the issue for you?  

Can you give me a set of steps I might use to see the issue?

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Wednesday, January 2, 2019 5:49 PM
    Owner
  • Hi, thanks for your anwer.

Device information from System information app(ModelInformation.png). It is tablet, no laptop. As mentioned in previously question "We created test app with newer version of Windows framework(1803) too,  but result still same." and operating system is Win10 version 1803. You dont need create test uwp app, navigate to https://www.bing.com/api/maps/mapcontrol/isdk/clusteringmeanaverage?autoRedirect=false#JS , it is enough and zoom in and zoom out on displayed map with clusters as described above(result is displayed on EdgeBrowserScreenShootIssue.png from previously question). If it does with mouse on PC all works fine but on touch screen with fingers it doesnt works(sometimes).

ModelInformation.png

• Edited by Lukas Sugra Thursday, January 3, 2019 8:52 AM
    Thursday, January 3, 2019 8:48 AM
  • Hi Lukas,

I have reported this to the Bing Maps V8 control Team but it could be a Windows issue if the problem is due to the lack of a windows message.  Are you a Windows Insider?  Have you reported it there as well?

Sincere thanks,

IoTGirl

Friday, January 4, 2019 11:38 PM
    Owner
  • Hi,

Thanks for you answer. I am not a Windows Insider and i have only reported this problem here. Should I report it on windows team too ? Or should I first wait for the answer from the Bing map V8 control team?

Sincerely

Monday, January 7, 2019 8:29 AM
  • Random question. Was there a reason you chose to embed the V8 control in a web view rather than using the existing UWP map control? If you're developing a UWP app anyway, it's generally much easier and better performing to use the UWP control.
    Monday, January 7, 2019 5:14 PM
  • Hi Lukas,

I have a Windows 10 Surface tablet and I am not able to see the issue.  Are there other steps I need to follow?

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Windows 10 build 17763.195 (Version 1809)

Monday, January 7, 2019 10:14 PM
    Owner
  • Hi,

I tested this issue on 1803 version but our customers have version 1709. Can you try it on this version?

Thanks.

Tuesday, January 8, 2019 1:45 PM
  • Random question. Was there a reason you chose to embed the V8 control in a web view rather than using the existing UWP map control? If you're developing a UWP app anyway, it's generally much easier and better performing to use the UWP control.

Hi,

Before UWP we had WinRT app with bingmap control like you mentioned. But if this application was started on Win10 random crashed(sometimes) on XAML Parse exception or similiar exception in bingmap control. We have not found any solution to this problem so we rewrited this control to Javascript API. If we do not use clusters all pushpins are refreshed and all works fine.

Tuesday, January 8, 2019 1:50 PM
  • There is now a built-in map control for UWP apps that is different from the old WinRT control. I'd recommend you look into using that for UWP applications.
    Tuesday, January 8, 2019 6:07 PM