none
Custom Field Data not Showing in Resource Views Project Server 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, we are having a very difficult time in reporting for our business. Due to an external host, and security issues, we are unable to access our RDB, and therefore can only make use of OLAP cubes (which stink with the amount of custom data we have) and VIEWS.

I am trying to create a view through the resource center, and have successfully created the view with all applicable columns. (Fields) the problem is all the custom fields are empty !!!???

This is an effort to create a master project schedule, with a total of 8 custom fields. After opening a resource assignment view, which will show all tasks in all projects, I would simply export to Excel and do final formatting. The Custom Fields are all empty though?

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 1:19 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Are the fields project / task level? If I understand you correctly and what you are trying to do only Task Level fields with values at the assignment level will be available in the assignment views. To do this, open up the project in MSP and look at the Tasks Usage view, add in your custom fields then assign values on the assignment rows.

Hope this helps?

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mather
    Tuesday, June 28, 2011 6:50 PM