SignalR is not showing error when Newtonsoft.Json DLL reference was not added or missing RRS feed

• Question

• User-1391481404 posted

I have tried invoking a server event from client side and the method doesn't seem to be working fine. The event is not getting invoked at the server side and also I didn't have any exception at that part of code (invoking code). After spending a lot of time I have found that Newtonsoft.Json DLL was missing from the project. So my question is, "Why SignalR is not throwing exception for missing DLL ?

How can I catch such exceptions ?

Monday, May 25, 2015 9:53 AM

All replies

• User1711366110 posted

After spending a lot of time I have found that Newtonsoft.Json DLL was missing from the project. So my question is, "Why SignalR is not throwing exception for missing DLL ?

As far as I know, NewtonSoft.JSON will install automatically when you install SignalR packages .that's why It didn't show any exception initially.
    After a while you may remove that Newtonsoft.JSON or it will remove/upgrade when you install some other packages.
    For this case , you can do the following steps :

1.Goto Visual Studio >> Tools >>  Library Package Manager >> Package Manager Console

2. you can update your signalr Packages like below :

PM> update-Package microsoft.aspnet.signalr

3.To know the corresponding version of Newtonsoft.json package like below : 

PM> Get-Package -Filter NewtonSoft.json

3.after that you can install/update Newtonsoft.Json packages particularly like below:

pm> uninstall-Package NewtonSoft.json

pm> install-Package NewtonSoft.json

pm> update-Package NewtonSoft.json
    Tuesday, May 26, 2015 1:49 AM