Error: a non-serializable object type 'System.Xml.XmlNode xmlNode' can only be declared within an atomic scope or service RRS feed

• Question

• My usage is as following

OrchA.TransactionType = Long Running

OrchB.TransactionType = Long Running

OrchC.TransactionType = Long Running

OrchA Calls OrchB.

OrchB calls OrchC

I am getting this error though I am using variable of type xmlnode in OrchC inside scope whose transaction type is Atomic

Any idea to get this working?

Regards, Nilesh Sarkate [Remember to click "mark as answered" when you get a correct reply to your question]
    Tuesday, August 3, 2010 12:54 PM

Answers

• Did you add the variable at the orchestration level or at the Atomic scope level?
    In the Visual Studio Orchestration Viewer, navigate to your Atomic scope, expand, select Variables, Add your XmlNode variable.
    Tuesday, August 3, 2010 1:00 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Did you add the variable at the orchestration level or at the Atomic scope level?
    In the Visual Studio Orchestration Viewer, navigate to your Atomic scope, expand, select Variables, Add your XmlNode variable.
    Tuesday, August 3, 2010 1:00 PM
    Answerer
  • OMG… I was about to commit suicide after reading this…. But any ways I didn’t know that & one should know how to drive vehicle rather than commenting on it… my fault… :(

But anyways thanks a ton Greg!  

Regards, Nilesh Sarkate [Remember to click "mark as answered" when you get a correct reply to your question]
    Tuesday, August 3, 2010 1:14 PM
  • Nice One !!
    Tuesday, August 3, 2010 1:26 PM