none
Enable Developer Mode RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to develop an app in Visual Studio 2015 Community. But got a popup "Enable Developer Mode for Windows 10". On the popup, the last sentence was "This device is already in developer mode". And when clicking the link "settings for developer", all options under "Use developer features" were disabled and selected option was "Don't use developer features".

The error from VS2015 was "Could not obtain a developer license due to error 800704C7".

Any idea on how to test apps in Visual Studio 2015 Community? I did renew the developer license when first launched it.

Thanks a lot for any help!

Tuesday, September 8, 2015 9:48 PM

Answers

• You may also want to have a look at this as well.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/xaml/dn706236.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396#GroupPolicy

• Marked as answer by encoderuser Friday, September 11, 2015 5:38 AM
    Thursday, September 10, 2015 1:10 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Just to check with you, did you try signing in your VS with the developer account?  Also is your laptop currently signed in with the same dev account you sign up for?

Wednesday, September 9, 2015 4:25 AM
  • I don't think I signed in VS. How to sign in to my VS?

Thanks a lot!

Wednesday, September 9, 2015 3:53 PM
  • It's situated at the top right corner of the program.  Right under the close button.  See if it works or not.

Wednesday, September 9, 2015 4:18 PM
  • You may also want to have a look at this as well.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/xaml/dn706236.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396#GroupPolicy

• Marked as answer by encoderuser Friday, September 11, 2015 5:38 AM
    Thursday, September 10, 2015 1:10 AM
  • Thanks! I have found the similar solution in another thread! Signing In to VS didn't work.
    Friday, September 11, 2015 5:38 AM
  • Glad to know it helped you. Have fun coding!
    Friday, September 11, 2015 10:34 AM
  • Hi,
    I am having some doubts related to this developer mode option. What is this developer mode actually? And when I click on to enable it, it pops up like "it may harm your personal stuffs". If u could just help me out and tell me what exactly the developer mode does!
    Friday, November 6, 2015 7:08 PM
  • Hi,
    I am having some doubts related to this developer mode option. What is this developer mode actually? And when I click on to enable it, it pops up like "it may harm your personal stuffs". If u could just help me out and tell me what exactly the developer mode does!
    Hi. It's just a common warning to those who are not sure if they need to use developer mode, as you can install any apps which are not certify with Windows Store.  But if you intend to develop apps, then you need to switch this on in order to do so :)
    Sunday, November 8, 2015 5:10 PM