none
Office will coerces SaveAs path to user's Documents directory RRS feed

• Question

• I have a VB6 program that allows use of a created object instance of MS Word to produce letters and automatically save them in the appropriate directory as determined by my program, for example:

objMSWordDocument.SaveAs C:\DISC\VER70\LOAN\DATA2\2\3\00049323.01\LETTERS\20140428124003.docx , wdFormatXMLDocument

This works as designed on one machine running Windows 8.1 Professional 64-bit, but on another identical machine, instead of silently saving the document to the specified location, a Save Dialog opens that points to the Windows user's Documents directory.

I assume this is a permissions issue, either in MS Word, or Windows 8.1. My program is set to Run as Administrator.

Monday, April 28, 2014 7:58 PM

Answers

• Hi,

What's the version of your Office?

I failed to reproduce your issue, and after researching, I assumed that the issue may be not related to your VB6 program.

Please refer to: Save As Dialog box comes up instead of using ActiveDocument.SaveAs

I suggest you checking that whether there are macros or add-ins running in Word application of the "another identical machine" to force the display of the Save As dialog box. Try holding down CTRL when starting Word as an end-user - this will start it in default installation mode and no load any macros or add-ins. And unload all custom add-ins to see whether this issue is resolved.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 10:25 AM