Where is the datasource menu? RRS feed

• Question

• User750074654 posted

I have just purchased VS2012 having ued VSE2010 for some time. My reason was so that I could write a couple of services and write some reports.

I have added a report viewer to a form, gone to the 'new report designer' and I have been confronted with the list of available datasources. These were imported by VS when I migrated the project. Great :)

I now want to add a datasource but I cannot do it. I have written the datasource in my code class but I cannot find the datasource manager, the Data form, the datasources window or anything related to datasources. Below is a link to the MSDN page explaining how to find the window but none of the options listed actually exist.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/yft2c9ad.aspx

I have datasources in my project (there is a list of the 30-40 that were already there when I migrated the project) so I must have a datasource enabled proect, hence, where is the data menu mentioned in the MSDN page please?

Aditionally, I cannot get this to work either:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms251692.aspx

Friday, May 17, 2013 12:19 PM

Answers

• User750074654 posted

Fixed it.

For some silly reason VS2012 does not mark new VB classes as 'Compile' but instead makes them 'Content' change this and it all works.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, May 27, 2013 10:41 AM

All replies

• User750074654 posted

Fixed it.

For some silly reason VS2012 does not mark new VB classes as 'Compile' but instead makes them 'Content' change this and it all works.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, May 27, 2013 10:41 AM
  • User260886948 posted

Hi,

I am very glad that you have solved your problem by yourself.

If you have any other problem, welcome to post it in the asp.net forums.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng 

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 4:10 AM