How to adjust the language only on the website. RRS feed

• Question

• User-108595678 posted

Hello friends!
    I have a problem to consult with you guys.
    In a vb.net web form application, I need to display information in the following languages:
    English, Spanish, Nepali, Burmese, Arabic, and Karen. Each unique web page will display
    information uniquely in the languages that I listed above. I what like to know that I
    need to do to a web page, so that the different languages will display uniquely?

Do I need something like:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE html
    PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
    "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en">
    <head>
    <title>Title</title>
    </head>
    <body>
    <p>Paragraph 1</p>
    </body>
    </html>

Would you let me know what I need so the information for the different languages are displayed?
    Thank's a lot!

Author: website du lich

Tuesday, September 3, 2019 8:23 AM

All replies

• User-719153870 posted

Hi copperfill,

copperfill

Each unique web page will display
    information uniquely in the languages that I listed above. I what like to know that I
    need to do to a web page, so that the different languages will display uniquely?

In my opion, make the informatio you want to display fixed is not a good option.

A better way is that you let your customer to choose which language he want to display.

In this case, you might need the System.Globalization. For more detailde information, please refer to ASP.Net Multilingual website: Support and display Multiple Languages (English French) in ASP.Net

Also, in MSDN there's a reltated tutorial: Walkthrough: Using Resources for Localization with ASP.NET.

Another way is to check yout customer's ip and then his position, country.. after that, redirect your customer to a specific language page.

Best Regard,

Yang Shen

Tuesday, September 3, 2019 9:54 AM