none
PS 07 - MS SQL RS - Custom Report Error RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Folks,

I have a custom report built on MS SQL reporting service. It's working fine for existing users, but when I add new user in EPM and he tries to access the report it gives an error

The permissions granted to user Domain\UserID are insufficient for performing this operation. (rsAccessDenied)

Is this some port accessing issue on vlan? and can anyone tell me the port number of MS SQL Reporting Service?

Can anyone help me how to resolve this issue, so i can view the report.

Many Thanks
    Regards

Monday, March 21, 2011 4:15 AM

Answers

• Hi Mohsin,

Kindly grant report browsing permission to that user using "Report Manager" interface.

Below is the detail how you can achieve this.

1) Open your Report Manager e.g: http://ServerName:Port/Reports

2) Then open your Report folder then click Properties tab at top.

3) Then click on security tab on left hand menu, Then using "NewRoleAssignment" provide that user at least "Browser" permission on report server to access your enterprise reports.

Hope this helps you.

Regards

Sachin Vashishth MCTS
    Monday, March 21, 2011 10:36 AM

All replies

• Hi,

That error message, well the rsAccessDenied part indicates it's reporting services throwing the error. I am going to guess you need to add the user to the reporting services instance security, which Project Server won't have done for you.

Hope this helps,

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Monday, March 21, 2011 7:20 AM
  • Hi Mohsin,

Kindly grant report browsing permission to that user using "Report Manager" interface.

Below is the detail how you can achieve this.

1) Open your Report Manager e.g: http://ServerName:Port/Reports

2) Then open your Report folder then click Properties tab at top.

3) Then click on security tab on left hand menu, Then using "NewRoleAssignment" provide that user at least "Browser" permission on report server to access your enterprise reports.

Hope this helps you.

Regards

Sachin Vashishth MCTS
    Monday, March 21, 2011 10:36 AM