none
Display Azure Maps Route on Non Azure Map RRS feed

• Question

• Can I display Route and Routes data returned by AzureMaps service on a non Azure Map like OpenStreetMaps?

Or is there any policy stating the AzureMaps routes service data should be displayed on Azure Maps only?

Monday, October 21, 2019 5:51 AM

All replies

• Looking at the terms of use for Azure Maps (Page 19 of this document: https://www.microsoftvolumelicensing.com/DocumentSearch.aspx?Mode=3&DocumentTypeId=46) it says this:

"You will not use the data delivered by the Azure Maps in combination with any other third-party database, except that you may layer onto the data of a type not already included within the Service (such as your proprietary content) or of which Microsoft otherwise licenses"

Based on this, I would say the answer to your question is no. However, there is a bit of a grey area here. If your application lets the user switch between base maps and Azure Maps road map is one of the options and open street maps is an alternative option the user could switch to, then I believe this would be ok as long as the user has the option to display the route information on top of an Azure Maps base map.

Monday, October 21, 2019 9:47 PM
  • @sameersb

Have you had a chance to see the above response? Do let us know if you need further help.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 6:59 AM