none
Polybase services goes down and wont start when SQL Server is set to listen on multiple port

Question

• I have polybase services installed and when I have SQL Server listen on multiple ports the polybase services will go down and then will not start.  Its seems to take issue with SQL Server listening on multiple ports. Nothing about it on google or these forums that I can find Here the error with ports hidden but its the fact its listening on multiple that causes the issue:

Service cannot be started. System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentException: Unable to parse port, instance = 'MSSQL13.MSSQLSERVER', text = 'PortHERE,OTHERPORTHERE'!
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.DataWarehouse.Fabric.PolybaseFabricProperties.ReadPortFromRegistry(RegistryKey root, String instanceId)
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.DataWarehouse.Fabric.PolybaseFabricProperties.InitializeInstance()
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.DataWarehouse.Fabric.PolybaseFabricProperties..ctor()
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)

• Edited by Gaadsfasd Wednesday, November 9, 2016 5:00 PM
    Wednesday, November 9, 2016 4:31 PM

All replies

• I had the same problem, in my case TCP was disabled and i just had to enable and restart sql server to make it work.

Thursday, December 29, 2016 6:19 PM