none
Kinect as a Webcam and Razer Ripsaw RRS feed

• Question

• I've been using my Xbox Kinect with the PC adapter as a webcam for a while now and it's been working great, figured I'd pay $40 for the adapter instead of $120 for a proper webcam. However I just got a Razer Ripsaw capture card and they refuse to work at the same time. One or the other, usually the Kinect just continuously disconnects and reconnects about every 3 seconds.

I've isolated it to them both being active at the same time. they work fine independently, even when both are plugged in until I try to actively access both at the same time.

I've tried disabling power management for them all to make sure they aren't being turned off, both in device manager and in power settings. I've also tried tried having one plugged into a self powered USB hub with nothing else in it.

Is it just too much for the USB controller to handle? Or is it malfunctioning and or just terrible? Or something else.

Another odd thing that may or may not be related is that I have to disconnect my USB hub and my Kinect if I restart my computer. It's nothing plugged into the hub as it has switches for all of the ports and I turned them all off to see if that helps, and have had the problem with only one or the other plugged in. None of my other devices do this, and I switched the ports around to be sure I didn't have a bad USB port when I was troubleshooting the other problem.

If it matters I'm running windows 10.

Any help with one or both problems would be greatly appreciated, though I have a feeling the only solution I have is to get a proper webcam, and or a new computer.

Monday, December 4, 2017 1:02 AM